What is Chemical Engineering?
Chemical engineers have been improving people's lives for more than a century. From innovations in medical diagnostic tool development, recycling, disease treatment, biofuel production, and the development of smaller, faster computer chips, the processes and products chemical engineers have helped create touch every aspect of our lives. Chemical engineering uniquely intertwines the creation, design, operation, and optimization of processes that derive practical benefits from chemical or physical changes. In short, chemical engineers apply the principles of chemistry and engineering to solve practical problems.
- Please email email@example.com for general department inquiries.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for chemical engineering graduate school inquiries.
- Department Head: David Ford
- Graduate Coordinator: Christa Hestekin
- Undergraduate Coordinator: Ed Clausen
- Honors Coordinator: Jamie Hestekin
Current students, be sure to check out the new Virtual CHEG Lounge where you can study and build community with your peers while social distancing.