The educational objectives of the Chemical Engineering undergraduate program are to prepare students for career and professional accomplishments after graduation including:
- Successfully practice as an engineer or in some other professional pursuit, including traditional or emerging fields of chemical engineering.
- Enter and successfully participate in a graduate or professional program that continues their career development.
By the time of graduation, our students attain the following student outcomes:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- an ability to apply the engineering design process to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration for public health and safety, and global, cultural, social, and environmental, economic, and other facts as appropriate to the discipline.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgement to draw conclusions.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgements, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- an ability to recognize the ongoing need to acquire new knowledge, to choose appropriate learning strategies, and to apply this knowledge.
- an ability to function effectively as a member or leader of a team that establishes goals, plans, tasks, meets deadlines, and creates a collaborative and inclusive environment.
The undergraduate chemical engineering degree program (BSChE) is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
Click here to view enrollment, retention and graduation data.
All courses are not offered every semester, so students who deviate from the suggested sequence must pay careful attention to course scheduling and course prerequisites. Technical electives are to be selected from a Department approved list.