Jobs, Co-ops, and Internships
Current Job Opportunities in Chemical Engineering
Porocel in Little Rock has an opening for a full-time Process Engineer (see attached job description). May 2019 graduates in Chemical Engineering are preferred.
Interested applicants should send their resumes to John Nichols: email@example.com.
Westlake Chemicals in Longview, Texas, has an opening for a full-time production engineer in a LLDPE plant.
· Primary contact for assigned areas.
· Responsible for oversight of daily operations for assigned areas. This includes monitoring and resolving any performance related problems (safety, environmental, production, quality, or cost reduction) for assigned areas. Coordinate resolution with Operations and Support Groups as needed.
· Attend morning status meetings. Report on issues and corrective action status for assigned areas. Take action items for follow-up for assigned areas of responsibility. Coordinate resolution with Operations and Support Groups as needed.
· Initiate process improvements, procedures or revisions, or capital projects to prevent recurrence of problems and/or improve plant performance (safety, environmental, production, quality, or cost reduction). Assist Unit Manager with assignment of selected projects to Process Engineering group.
· Investigate customer complaints as needed by addressing the manufacturing review for assigned production units.
· Serve as the manufacturing representative for Test Run/Product Development activities for assigned areas as assigned by Unit Manager.
· Participate in Process Hazard Analysis process for assigned areas.
· Serve as Root Cause Analysis Team Leader/Participant for assigned areas as needed.
· Completes other assignments as requested by the Unit Manager.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required. Chemical Engineering degree is preferred.
Experience in production, process engineering, project engineering in a petrochemical facility is desired.
Evergreen Packaging’s Mill
Evergreen Packaging’s Mill in Pine Bluff is a fully integrated mill, meaning logs to poly coated paper, employing approximately 1,000. They produce two grades of paper, 480,000 tons per year of liquid packaging board used in table top, milk and juice containers and 185,000 tons per year of light weight coated paper used in magazines and books.
Evergreen has 5 boilers on site, 3 recovery that burn the lignin produced in the pulping process, 1 that is bio fueled – bark, and 1 gas fired, and 3 turbine generators producing up to 80 megawatts per day of electricity. They have automatic guided vehicles that move paper and robotics all over the place.
Evergreen's goal is to hire at least 6 engineers to start this May and also hire some interns for the summer. They are also seeking process control engineers. Engineer’s to be a mix of electrical, mechanical and chemical. They would like candidates that are production oriented and have a goal to move into management, either production or maintenance. They have just engineers on site, but need people that want to advance in the organization and become Evergreen's future.
Link to the current entry level engineer posting: https://evergreenpackaging.com/careers/available-positions/position-details/?id=743999680228606.
Enviro Tech Chemical Services
Enviro Tech Chemical Services in Helena, AR is looking for a December 2018 or May 2019 Chemical Engineering graduate to come join their family. Enviro Tech is going through a large expansion in 2019 and has an opening for an entry level full-time Process Controls Engineer. Over the last 2 ½ years, Enviro Tech has hired three students from UofA Chemical Engineering Department and would love to continue recruiting more as they continue to grow. If you are interested in the job, send your resume to Joel Weigle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arkansas Teacher Corps
The Arkansas Teacher Corps is a service organization that recruits high-achieving,
service-minded graduates from all majors and backgrounds to teach in middle school
or high school classroom in the areas of greatest need across the state. We accept
applications from all majors; no previous education coursework is required. Additional
information can be found on our website at www.arkansasteachercorps.org. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 479-575-6418 if you have any questions.
Current Co-ops, Internship Opportunities and REU Opportunities
AstraZeneca has a couple of pharmaceutical industry internship opportunities for this
summer in Coppell, Texas.
Spectra Technologies in East Camden, AR is currently looking for a couple of interns
and/or co-ops who are willing to learn about the explosive business, specifically
with the manufacturing operations. Applicants MUST be opening to learning a field
which is not traditionally chemical engineering, be quick on the pick up, be highly
conscientious with safety, and be willing to relocate to the Camden area for the time
of their internship/co-op. If interested, send your resume to:
Spectra Technologies, LLC.
12949 W. AR 274 Hwy
East Camden, AR 71711
Cell: (870) 818-3695
Porocel in Little Rock
Porocel, a catalyst development company in Little Rock, is wanting to hire an intern for Summer 2019. They are looking for sophomores or juniors who would be open to full-time employment after graduation. The company is flexible on start/end dates, as long as the internship is in the summer window. If you are interested, send your resume to